Our most important task is to figure out how to make God smile. In Noah’s days, the entire world was morally bankrupt. Everyone lived for their own pleasure, not God’s.God could not find anyone on earth interested in pleasing him, so he was grieved and regretted making man. God became so disgusted with the human race that he considered wiping it out. But there was one man that made God smile. The Bible stated that “Noah was a pleasure to the lord.”- Gen 6:8. Because Noah pleased God that is why you and I are alive today.
We learn five acts of worship that make God smile from the life of Noah.
- God smiles when we love him supremely
- God smiles when we rust him completely
- God smiles when we obey him wholeheartedly
- God smiles when we praise and and thank him continually.
- God smiles when we use our abilities.God doesn’t owe you an explanation or reason for everything he asks you to do. Understanding can wait, but obedience can’t, instant obedience will teach you more about God than a lifetime of Bible study. In fact you will never understand some commands until you obey them first. Obedience unlocks understanding.You don’t bring glory or pleasure to God by hiding your abilities or by trying to be someone else. You only bring him enjoyment by being you. Anytime you reject any part of yourself, you are rejecting God’s wisdom and sovereignty in creating you.
An understanding that our purpose in life is to bring smile to God, changes our focus from “how much pleasure am I getting out of life?” to “how much pleasure is God getting out of my life?”
God is looking for Noahs in this 21st century that; people willing to live for the pleasure of God.