What should you expect from this book?
Wow! what a great book.
Dr.Rick Warren the Author of this book leads a 30,000-member congregation in California. He is a Pastor and a Theologian who has lectured at Oxford, Cambridge, Harvard and the University of Judaism.As a global strategist he advises world leaders and has spoken to the United Nations, US Congress, Davos Economic Forum, TED and Numerous Parliaments. He has something valuable to tell you.
The book is a 40-day Journey that will help you come up with the come with the answer to life most important what on earth am I here for?
The search for the purpose of life has puzzled people, because we typically begin at the wrong starting point (Ourselves). It is God who directs the creatures that he created. Everyone’s life is in his hands and Power.
Life is about letting God use you for his purpose and not you using God for your own Purpose.It is about becoming what God wants you to be by focusing on what is important.
There are 2 ways to discover your purpose in life as stated by Rick Warren
- Speculation- (guessing, Philosophy….)
- Revelation-( asking your creator through meditation)
Three insights from the beginning chapters of this book are:
- We don’t decide our purpose but we discover our purpose through a relationship with our maker.
- You may choose your career, location, spouse, hobbies but you don’t choose your purpose
- The purpose of your life fits into a much larger cosmic purpose designed to last for eternity.